错例1：Can you tell me how many students are there in this class?
正解：Can you tell me how many students there are in this class?
正解：They were more worried about how far they had to walk to get to the train station and if they could catch the train before it left.
1. It’s hard to decide when and where will we hold the sports meeting.
2. If you want to learn about the latest developments and discoveries from around the world, you will read about them in journals and research reports published in English, no matter whether are the scientists who wrote them from China or Norway.
正解：A part-time job offers you a chance to demonstrate your ability and apply what you have learned in school.
错例2：Books are of the various kinds and have different contents.
正解：Books are of various kinds and have different contents.
1. The problems that are created by environmental contamination is very hard to resolve.
2. The governments of all countries on this planet is beginning to realize the severity of water shortage.
错例：In addition to give a general introduction to computer, the course also provides practical experience.
正解：In addition to giving a general introduction to computer, the course also provides practical experience.
pay attention to
attach importance to
错例：People should be determined to holding on to this job whatever difficulties he might run into.
正解：People should be determined to hold on to this job whatever difficulties he might run into.
in order to
I cannot help wondering about that girl.
Due to the present price level, we cannot help but adjust our offer.
be strict with sb. 对～人要求严格
be strict in sth. 对～事要求严格
take (make) a stand for 捍卫
take (make) a stand against 反对
behind time 迟到，过期
behind the times 落在时代后面
at present=at the present time 目前
for the present 暂时
out of the question 绝不可能
without question 毫无疑问
1.You must adapt to live in international society.
2. We should be strict with (doing) our work.
3. The failure of the scheme was due to manage badly.
4. In order to maintaining physical well being, a person should eat wholesome food and get sufficient exercise.
5. We hope you will pay attention to educate your children.
6. The policy is beneficial to reinforce school discipline.
错例：It is unclear recycling can control pollution.
正解：It is unclear whether recycling can control pollution.
1. It is advertising makes us buy something impulsively.
2. There are two line charts show the unemployment rate fluctuates in China.
3. The percentage of families have one car increased greatly.
正解：Along with the rapid growth of tourism industry, some scenic spots have successfully attracted a large number of visitors.
1. Nowaday, the economic of our country grows more and more faster.
2. Pollution will effect the citizens’ living standards negatively.
3. There was a considerably growth in the amount of people becoming UK citizens from 1962 to 2002.
4. Sit in front of the screen for a long time will pose a threat to children''s health.
5. Only when everyone is aware of the importance of environment preservation can the pollution be alleviated.
正解：One of the most challenging problems is who should be responsible for looking after the elderly people.
1. What our modern society values are the personality and creativity.
2. Private car will exert adverse impacts on the environment and traffic of the whole society.
3. Long-distance education provides students interesting way to learn.
正解：It is obvious that compared with its drawbacks, the rise of English as a global language can bring us a lot of benefits.
正解：Evidence suggests that the poor are failing to seek medical treatment because of the cost.
正解：Air pollution and other kinds of pollution have become worse as a result of the increasing traffic.
正解：A lack of job opportunities will restrict school leaver''s independence, either forcing them to remain at home and forcing them to move back home.
1. The increasing violence showing in films or on television has sparked public outcry, and some critics have shown their concern on the interplay of social violence and media violence.
错例：Some people believe children in secondary school should study international news as a subject, others think that’s a waste of time.
正解：Some people believe children in secondary school should study international news as a subject. However, others think that’s a waste of time.
或：Some people believe children in secondary school should study international news as a subject, but others think that’s a waste of time.
1. Students should do some housework, it is good for them to be independent.
2. They are far away from parents and friends, they can deal with everything by themselves.