1. What’s your name?
2. Does your name have any special meaning or significance?
3. Have you ever changed your name, why or why not?
4. Do Chinese people like changing their names, why or why not?
5. What kind of people like changing their names?
6. What’s their purpose in changing their names?
7. In your culture, do women change their names when they get married?
1. Do you currently live in a house or a flat/apartment?
2. Can you describe your house/flat?
3. What main items of furniture or appliances do you have in each room?
4. Is it a typical house/flat in your city?
5. What kind of house or flat do you want to live in the future?
6. Do you like the decoration in your home, why or why not?
7. Will you move to another house or flat in the near future?
8. What kind of house/flat are you going to move into?
9. What do you think of the area in which you live?
10. How long have you been living there?
11. What are your neighbors like?
1. Where are you from?
2. Where is your hometown?
3. Tell me about your hometown.
4. What’s your favorite thing or place in your hometown?
5. What is famous about your hometown?
6. Tell me about some scenic spots in your hometown.
7. What are the main places of interest in your hometown? What places should foreigners visit in
8. Do you like your hometown? Why or why not?
9. What is the difference between your hometown and Beijing?
10. What are the people like in your hometown?
11. If you could change one thing about your hometown, what would it be?
12. What attractive pieces of architecture are there in your hometown?
13. Is your hometown a good place for young people to live?
1. Are you working or studying?
2. Tell me about the school or university you attend.
3. Tell me something about your primary school.
4. What is your major?
5. Do you like your major and why?
6. What courses or subjects do you study?
7. What is your favorite subject?
8. What is the most useful subject?
9. What would you like to do in the future?
10. What are the characteristics of schools in China?
11. What kinds of majors are available in China?
12. What do Chinese people think about teachers?
13. Is teaching a popular job in China, why or why not?
1. Are you working or studying?
2. What do you do for a living?
3. How long have you been doing this job?
4. Do you like your job, why or why not?
5. Do you find your job interesting?
6. What are your main responsibilities in your job?
7. Is working important to you?
8. Have you received any training related to your work?
9. Tell me about your boss or colleague.
10. What would be your ideal job?
11. If you could choose another job, what would you choose?
House and Apartment
1. Do you live in a house or an apartment?
2. How do you like it? And why?
3. What part of your home do you like best?
4. Can you describe your room?
5. Do you want to change your room?
6. What would it be if you could change something about your room?
7. Where do you live now? And how long have you been there?
8. Who do you live with?
1. Do you play any indoor games?
2. Do you prefer to play indoor games or outdoor games?
3. What indoor games did you play when you were a child?
4. What sorts of indoor games do children play now?
5. Did you play electronic games when you were a child, why or why not?
6. Do you think electronic games are good for children?
7. What sorts of indoor games do you think children will be playing in the future?
8. Are there any indoor games you’d like to learn to play?