1. Do you like your name?
2. Does your name have any special meaning?
3. What kinds of names are popular in China?
4. Are there many Chinese people who have the same name as yours?
5. Is there any tradition about naming babies?
Work or study
1. Why did you choose to study that subject?
2. Is it interesting?
3. What subjects are you studying?
4. Do you prefer to study in the mornings or in the afternoons?
5. Are you looking forward to working?
6. Do you like your subject?
7. What work do you do?
8. Why did you choose to do that type of work?
9. Do you miss being a student?
10. Do you like your job?
1. What kinds of job did you want to do in your childhood?
2. What’s your ideal job now?
Home (Your accommodation)
1. Can you describe the place where you live?
2. How long have you lived there?
3. Who do you live with?
4. Do you plan to live there for a long time?
5. What is the difference between where you are living now and where you have lived in the past?
6. Do you prefer living in a house or a flat?
7. In the future, what type of place would you like to live in?
8. What kind of neighbourhood / environment / surroundings / home would you like to live in?
9. What do you usually do in your house / flat / room?
10. Which room does your family spend most of the time staying in?
11. What part of your home do you like the most?
12. Are the transport facilities to your home very good?
1. What's (the name of) your hometown (again)?
2. Is that a big city or a small place?
3. Please describe your hometown a little.
4. How long have you lived there?
5. Do you like it?
6. Do you like living there?
7. What do you like (most) about your hometown?
8. Is there anything you dislike about it?
9. Do you think you will continue living there for a long time?
10. Do you plan to continue living there?
11. Where would you like to live?
1. Why do some people keep pets at home?
2. What kinds of animals do you like?
3. Have you ever had a pet before?
4. Do you like to see animals in the zoo?
5. What is the most popular animal in China?
6. What wild animal do you like?
1. Do you have dinner at home?
2. When do you usually have dinner?
3. Who do you like to have dinner with?
4. Do you go out for dinner in a restaurant?
5. Who do you go out for dinner with?
1. Do you like ring or necklace? Why?
2. Why do some people like to wear jewelry?
3. Have you bought any jewelry?
4. Do you wear many jewels?
5. Have you ever sent someone jewels?
1. What kinds of apps do you often use?
2. What kinds of apps would you like to have in the future?
3. What's the most popular app in your country?
4. What was the first app you used?
5. Do old people in your country like to use apps?
1. How often do you buy others gifts?
2. Do you like to send expensive gifts?
3. What kinds of gifts are popular in your country?
4. Why do people send gifts?
1. How often do you use your dictionary?
2. Do you like paper dictionary or electronic dictionary?
3. What kinds of dictionaries have you used before?
4. How will dictionaries change in the future?
1. Do you know any funny advertisement?
2. Did you buy things according to ads?
3. What do you think of the ads online?
4. How do you feel if the advertisement suddenly disappear?
5. Do you prefer funny advertisement or serious advertisement? Why?
6. Why do you think there are so many advertisements now?
7. How do you feel about advertisements?
8. Do you like advertisements?
9. What kind of advertisement do you like the most?
10. Where can we see advertisements?
1. How often do you use the computer?
2. What kinds of computers are popular in China?
3. What do you usually use your computer for?
4. Who taught you how to use a computer?
5. Do you think computers have changed your life a lot?
News / newspapers
1. Do you often read newspapers?
2. Are you very interested in the news?
3. Why do you want to know the latest news?
4. How important is it to you to get the news every day?
5. What sort of news are you most interested in?
6. Which do you prefer reading, magazines or newspapers?
7. What kinds of (types of) newspapers (or magazines) do you usually read?
8. How old were you when you first started to read newspapers?
9. Do you think it's important to read newspapers? (Why / Why not?)
10. Why do (you think) people read newspapers?
11. What different types of newspapers are there in China?
12. Do you care about the news?
1. Do people like raining?
2. Do you often take raincoats or umbrellas with you?
3. Does it rain much in China? (Where? When?)
4. Is there any part of China where it doesn't rain much?
5. When (in what month / season) does it rain most in your hometown?
6. In which season does it rain most in other parts of China?
7. Can you remember any time when it rained particularly heavily in your hometown?
8. Will the rain change your mood?
1. Do you like going boating?
2. Have you ever travelled by boat?
3. Do you like boats?
4. Would you like to have your own boat?
5. Is boat trip popular in your country?
1. What transport do you like to take when you go travelling?
2. Do you prefer public transport or private transport when you go out?
3. Which did you choose the last time you went out? Why?
4. What advice would you give to the visitors to your country on transport?
5. How can the government encourage people to take the public transport?
1. Do you often do physical exercises?
2. How do you do exercises?
3. Do you have any plan for exercises in the future?
4. Do people around you often do exercises?
5. Do young people in your country like to do exercise?
6. What kinds of exercises do you do?
7. In the future, do you want to try some new ways of exercises?
8. Do people around you often do exercises?
9. In China, do teenagers often do exercises?
10. Do you think children should play sports regularly?
11. What was your favorite sport when you were young?
12. Do you like extreme sports?
13. What kinds of exercises are popular in your country?
1. When do you listen to music?
2. How much time do you spend listening to music every day?
3. What kinds of music do you like to listen to?
4. What's your favourite kind of music?
5. Have you ever been to a concert before?
1. What advantages do teenagers have?
2. What activities do teenagers like?
3. Do you often spend time with teenagers? Why or why not?
4. Do teenagers have any fashion in your country recently?
5. What is the best part of being a teenager in your country?
6. How do teenagers entertain themselves?
1. Have you taken any volunteer work?
2. Why did you do the volunteer work?
3. Do you know any volunteers?
4. How do you define volunteer work?
1. Do you have many friends?
2. Do you like to make friends?
3. Are most of your friends from school or from outside of school?
4. Do you ever help a friend by giving advice?
5. Do you prefer to spend time with your family or with friends?
6. Do you think friendship is important?
7. Do you prefer to spend time with friends or spend time alone?
8. What kinds of people do you like to have as friends?
9. Do you feel you spend enough time with friends?
10. Do you prefer to have a few close friends or lots of friends?
11. If you had the opportunity, would you spend more time with your friends?
12. What do you and your friends usually do together?
13. When did you make your first friend?
14. What are the differences between your best friend and your other friends?
15. Do your friends visit your home?
16. How often do they visit?
17. Do you often visit your friends?
1. Do you often stay with your parents?
2. What do you do when you are with parents?
3. Do you have close relationships with families?
4. Who do you resemble most in your family and in what ways?
5. How has your family influenced you?
6. Do you want to live with your family in the future?
7. How often do you meet with your family?
1. Do you enjoy your high school time?
2. Do you have friends in high school?
3. Is your high school life interesting?
4. Are teachers important to you in high school?
5. Do you usually meet your high school classmates?
6. Which subject do you like most? And dislike?
7. Do you still contact your friends in high school?
8. What is your high school like?
9. What happened on your first day of high school?
1. What is your daily routine?
2. Which part of the day do you like best?
3. What is the busiest part of the day for you?
4. What are the differences between your daily routine now and that of your childhood?
a good parent
a popular person that you know
a person helped you in study/work
an interesting person from another country
a businessman you admire
a famous athlete you know
a place with few tourists
a place to listen to music
an important river/area of water in your country
a way to keep healthy
your favourite season of the year
an occasion when you helped a person
an occasion you were late
a good decision
a perfect trip or holiday
a subject of science that you learned in secondary/ high school
an important event that you celebrated
an important skill which cannot be learned at school
a time that you saved money for something
a situation when you had to be polite
a most interesting subject in your school
a historical period that you are interested in
a good service you received
a rule in school
a time you bought something that made you happy
a car journey
a TV programme
a good photo of you taken by someone
a piece of furniture
an important letter
an exciting book
a traditional product in your country
a toy you had in your childhood
What kinds of apps would you like to have in the future?
To tell you the truth, I think we can find various apps in the app store now, from apps about taking photos and videos to those about reading news. I really have no idea about what apps I want to have in the future, coz the app store can always satisfy my needs.
Part 2& Part 3