1. Some people believe that it is a good idea to continue to work at their old age. Do you agree or disagree?
2. Some people prefer to earn more money and have less free time. Others prefer to have more free time and earn less money. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
3. Some people think the main benefit of greater international cooperation is in the protection of environment. Others think more benefits have been brought to international business. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
4. More and more media attention is paid to famous people who succeed in their areas from ordinary backgrounds. Why? Is it a good thing?
5. Human activities have negative effects on plant and animal species. Some people think it is too late to do anything about this problem. Others think effective measures can be taken to improve this situation. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
6. Some people think reading stories in books is better than watching TV or playing computer games for children. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
7. Because of traffic and housing problems in the cities, the government should encourage business move to the rural area. Do you think the advantages outweigh the disadvantages?