1. An increasing number of people change their career and places of residence several times during their life. Is this a positive or negative development?
2. Some people think the purpose of education is to prepare individuals to be useful to society. Others believe that the purpose of education is to achieve personal ambitions. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
3. In some countries, with the widespread use of the Internet, people have more freedom to work or study at home instead of travelling to work or college. Do the advantages of this development outweigh the disadvantages?
4. In many countries, more and more women have full-time jobs as men. Some people think that men and women should share the housework tasks equally. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
5. With the increasing demand for energy sources of oil and gas, people should look for sources of oil and gas in remote and untouched places. Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages of damaging such areas?
6. People aim to achieve the balance between their work and lives, but few people achieve it. What are the causes of the problems? How to overcome it?
7. It is expected that there will be a higher proportion of old people than young people in the future in some countries. Do you think it is a positive or negative development?
8. News media is important in our society. Why is it so important? Do you think its influence is generally positive or negative?
9. In some cultures the old age is more valued, while in some cultures the youth is more valued. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
10. A tendency that the news reported in the media focuses on problems and emergencies rather than the positive developments is harmful to both the individual and the society. Do you agree or disagree with this statement?