Bar Chart, Line Graph, Table, Map, Pie Chart, Flow Chart
1. Some people say that the best way to improve public health is increasing the number of sports facilities. Others, however, say that this would have little effect on public health and other measures are required. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
2. University students should pay the full cost of education fees because university education benefits themselves rather than the society. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
3. Some people think government should introduce new technology for people in order to improve quality of life, while others think government should offer free education for all. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
4. Government money should be spent on encouraging children to take part in the sports and arts in the school, rather than on professional sports activities and artistic performance for the general public. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
5. Countries with a long average working time are more economically successful than those countries which do not have a long working time. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
6. In the developed world, average life expectancy is increasing. What problems will this cause for individuals and society? What are some measures that could be taken to reduce the impact of ageing populations?
7. The leaders or directors of organizations are often old people. But some people say that young people can also be a leader. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
8. It is more important to include public parks and sports facilities than shopping centers for individuals to spend their free time. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
9. Nowadays young people are admiring media and sports stars, even though they do not serve a good example. Do you think it is a positive or negative development?
10. In developing countries, children in rural communities have less access to education. Some people believe that this can be solved by providing schools and teachers, while others think that computer and internet should be provided. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
11. Some people think that the main purpose of schools is to teach children to be a good citizen or rather than to benefit them as individuals. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
12. The best way to teach children to cooperate is team sports. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
13. An increase in the production of consumer goods results in damage to the natural environment. Why is this case? What can be done to reduce this problem?
14. It is believed that secondary school children should study international news as one of their school subjects. Others think it is a waste of school subject time. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
15. In some countries, the criminal trials are shown on TV and the general public can watch them. Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages?
16. Nowadays the way people interact with each other has changed because of technology. In what ways has technology affected the types of relationships people make? Has this been a positive or negative development?
17. In some cities, museums offer free admission to visitors. To what extent do you think the advantages of this overweight the disadvantages?
18. Some people think it is more important to spend public money in promoting healthy lifestyle in order to prevent illness than to spend it on the treatment for people who are already ill. To what extent do you agree or disagree?