1. In the past, buildings often reflected the culture of a society but today all modern buildings look alike and cities throughout the world are becoming more and more similar. What do you think is the reason for this, and is it a good thing or a bad thing?
2. With the increasing use of mobile phone and computer, the number of people who write letter has decreased. As a result, letter writing will disappear soon. Do you agree or disagree? How do you think letter writing is important?
3. Nowadays men and women in many countries decide to have babies at an older age. What are the reasons? What effects does this trend have on society and family life?
4. We live in cities or towns which have museums displaying objects of artistic, historic and cultural value, but people do not visit them. How do you think people do not visit museums in their local areas? What is the importance of museums to the society?
5. Some people are making new friends by using socializing network websites and internet chat rooms. Some people say that this is a good way. Other people say that people should make new friends by face-to-face chat. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
6. Nowadays many young people in work force change their jobs or careers every few years. What do you think are the reasons for this? Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages?
7. Children find it difficult to concentrate on or pay attention to school. What are the reasons? How can we solve this problem?
8. The international community must act immediately to ensure that all countries reduce the consumption of fossil fuels (e.g. gas and oil). To what extent do you agree or disagree with the statement?