1. Nowadays, it is widely accepted that social skills are as important as good qualifications for success in a job. Do you agree or disagree?
2. Some people think that government should establish free libraries in each town. While others believe that it is a waste of money since people can obtain information from the internet at home. Discuss both sides and give your own opinion.
3. People aim to achieve the balance between their work and lives, but few people achieve it. What are the causes of the problems? How to overcome it?
4. It is expected that there will be a higher proportion of old people than young people in the future in some countries. Do you think it is a positive or negative development?
5. Nowadays, not enough students choose science subjects in university in many countries.
What are the reasons for this problem?
What are the effects on the society?
6. Universities and colleges are now offering qualifications through distance learning from the Internet rather than teachers in the classroom. Do you think the advantages of this development outweigh the disadvantages?
7. Some people believe that studying in a college or university is the best way for students to prepare for their future career. Others think they should leave school as soon as possible to develop their career through work experience. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
8. Some people think that dangerous sports should be banned by the government, but others think the people should have freedom to choose sports activities. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your knowledge or experience.